Friday, June 3, 2011

Definition of 'TRY'

Someone just "TRIED" to pick them up at the bar....
They don't tolerate trier's


One of the BIGGEST sugar coating words on the planet is the word..."TRY"

I will TRY to make it to the gym 3x a week.
I will TRY to start Paleo.
I will TRY to lose 20lbs.
I will TRY to wake up early and go to the gym.
I will TRY to blah, Blah, BLAH!

TRY is the perfect word to let yourself off the hook, to you, your family, friends, coaches/trainers, boss, gardener, dogg, grandma, etc... when you don't complete what you set out to accomplish.

When you say TRY, what you really mean is, I will say I will go for the goal, but if I don't succeed (which I probably am not) please don't get mad at me:-0

The moment you let TRY become part of your vocabulary and creep into your plan/program you are allowing yourself to have an 'out' just in case things don't work out the you planned.

And when you have an 'out' it is doubt. And that doubt you could be the very thing that keeps you from completing/reaching where you want to go.

When you don't do something, you 100% don't do it. When you set a goal and go for it, no matter if you succeed or not, you learn, you grow, you gain.

Moving forward TRY is not part of your thoughts or vocabulary...It is now DO. And JUST DO IT!

P.T.S!

Related blog to read: JUST PULL THE DAMN TRIGGER

No comments:

Post a Comment