Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Your CrossFit Story...

April 2009...

I WANT SOME PARTICIPATION ON THIS ONE...

My CrossFit journey began 4 years ago. I was living in Anaheim, CA working as a trainer for 2 different globo gyms at the time. I had been a trainer for over 6 years at that time. As passionate as I was about helping others reach their personal fitness goals as a trainer, I was bored out of my mind with my personal workouts and training, my workouts and results were at a stand still. Doing chest and tri's on Monday, Legs on Tuesday, Back and Bi's on Wednesday and then repeating that again before the end of the week day after day and year after year had became more than redundant.

My Back Story...Growing up I have always been the tall skinny guy (and ladies, guys know that being a tall and skinny dude is no different than a fat chick). I first was introduced to working out when I was 16 years old. My goal was to make the varsity basketball team next season as a junior. I was 6'3" 160lbs. I approached the assistant varsity football coach in the spring of my sophomore year and asked if I could take part in the varsity off-season lifting program to gain strength, size and get physically prepared for the season in the fall. During the training we lifted HARD, INTENSE, with LOUD music, and with a big group of teammates (sound familiar). After training under the program for 10 weeks I gained 12lbs of muscle and much more confidence. Needless to say it helped me tremendously. I felt stronger, more confident, had higher self esteem, and the friends I made during the training was priceless. It was my first experience ever working out and I wanted more of it. I was addicted. I began to read fitness magazines, try different training programs and wanted to learn and learn. That experience was the reason why I got into the fitness industry.

In July of 2007, my brother was training to become a firefigther and he told about this website called, www.crossfit.com and said that I would be interested in it. Later that day I checked out the site and was intrigued right away. It reminded me of being back in high school as the only basketball player to par take in the off season lifting program with the football team. When we used to do cleans, pull ups, good mornings, squats, etc... Everything that I loved and got away from working at a commercial gym for 6 years. I immediately went to the gym and tried one the of workouts of the day (I think it was 7 rounds of 7 knees to elbows, 7 pullups, 7 front squats and 7 burpees). I thought I was going to die! And I loved every minute of it.

Then...

August of 07 - I moved to Santa Monica and joined CrossFit LA.
June of 2008 - I received my Level 1 certification.
October 2008 - Moved to Sioux Falls, SD to open a box starting at 0 members
January 2009 - Opened the doors to CrossFit Sioux Falls, the 1st affiliate in South Dakota
December 2010 - Sold CrossFit Sioux Falls with 188 clients to one of our members to move back to Cali
Febuary 2011 - Met Zareh through a friend, we hit it off and the rest is history.

CrossFit works! Everyday of the week. But the coaches you are fortunate to be surrounded by pushes and educates you to YOUR VERY BEST! Being a CF coach is the greatest job in the world. The connection I make with each and every member/student is priceless. I am ever grateful to continue to develop current relationships and meet that next CF’er.

April 2011


CF 818 has an amazing cast of coaches to draw from. Each bringing their experience, passion and personality to the table. This group that are YOUR coaches are those coaches that will take each and everyone of YOU to YOUR BEST.

Last week we talked about how you explain CrossFit to your family/friends/co-workers...


Now I'd like to hear how you found out about CrossFit originally.

And where has it taken you to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment