Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What's Your Expectation?

Stretching Time at CF 818


For your life?
For your career?
For your health and FITness?
For completing goals and tasks you set out to do?


One of the most common things I've seen during my time CrossFitting and coaching has been the propensity for little things to derail people's journeys toward elite fitness. Small injuries, busy work schedules, family issues, or relationship strife are all reasons one might stop paying attention to their fitness... but they usually aren't good reasons. We've talked about excuses and the fact that your fitness at CrossFit 818 consists of just a few total hours of week. Each of you have made a commitment to yourselves to show up and not quit, so don't let anything get in the way of that! 
-taken from CrossFit 818


When roadblocks and crisis happen in our lives you will find it can bring out the best in us or the worst.

Which side of the fence are you on?

I love it when people 'try' to let themselves off the hook and want to 'put their membership on hold' or not want to continue to keep coming, because of blah blah blah!

My attitude and approach with people like that is, "What has changed from the 1st day you walked into the gym (excited, motivated, ready for a challenge, goal driven, etc...) to NOW?!?!

If they are going to quit, they have to want to quit more than me. And for those of you that know me, I don't go down without a fight. I am 100% sure I am going to win that argument. The only way they are going to win is if they are 101% sure they want to quit.

Examples of 101%:
-I lost my job and I have a wife and 3 kids to provide for...okay you win.
-My child is in the hospital...okay you win.
-I am moving out of state...okay you win.

Example of 99% of less:
-I can't afford it...REALLY?!...Why? Didn't I see you at the bar last weekend? Are you still smoking and buying cigs? You still have cable TV?...I WIN!
-I have no time to workout...Not likely....168 hrs in a week, and YOU only need 3hours minimum for this...less than 2% of your time...I WIN!
-I injured myself....We can work around it. I have trained people with surgically repaired shoulders, a broken foot, ripped hands, chin splints, bad backs/hips, feet, etc... Hell I broke my foot and was in a cast for 6 weeks and still didn't miss a workout...I WIN AGAIN!

There are people out there that have less time, $$$, more obstacles, fatter, no car, and less support that are getting it done better than all of us.

You want results for your life...RAISE YOUR EXPECTATIONS!

P.T.S if you have worked through obstacles that life throws at you and how did you deal with it.

Related blog post: Do You Drop the Bar?, It's Always YOUR Fault,



Don't be this guy...



No comments:

Post a Comment