|The "Cindy" FITness challenge in action.|
Consistency in my opinion is the single MOST important factor if you are to succeed in most anything in life, especially FITness.
Alot of us let how we feel determine how we succeed with our FITness goals. It is just as easy to kick *ss in a workout program as it is to fall off the wagon.
Below is a great list of tips to help you be and stay consistent over the long haul by Hyperfit USA enjoy!
How to be consistent 101:
- Find some friends with the same goals. We bond to a group and assume identity based on our membership in the group. Be accountable to a group.
- Do something that interests you. Turn your fitness into a sport. Try to accomplish new and varied skills that require you to move your body. Buy a jump rope and a Buddy Lee DVD and learn to use a jump rope like a mad person. Have fun learning something new.
- When you don't go to the gym, work out at home. If you miss a workout, try this at home 10 push ups, 20 crunches and 30 squats as many times as you can in 10 minutes. The next time, beat your time. No equipment, no mirrors and no waiting in line for a gerbil machine.
- Treat fitness like personal maintenance. Take your commitment to your body like medicine. If you don't do it, you could die.
- Suck it up: Effective exercise is hard. It is not sitting on the couch with a stim unit shooting electricity into your abs with the expectation that Victoria's Secret is going to call for a photo shoot.