Thursday, January 13, 2011

Whatever YOU say your NOT...


The Chief only focuses on her progress and nothing else

Remember when you were in high school and you would meet a girl, flirt with her and try to get her to go out with you. And one of the things she would say as you were fraternizing with her was, "I'm one of those girls that is NOT about drama", come to find out that is what she is ALL ABOUT!

Most humans in general have 'hold-backs', why they don't hit their goals or go for their dreams with anything in life; career, relationships, health, etc... And it all boils down to 2 things:

-Insecurity
-Ignorance

Take into account that I am not a psychologist, therapist, or doctor of any sort (even tho I self-proclaim myself as a 'Doctor of Movement'. So everything I say or believe is based on my experiences, they aren't medically proven.


When you have to tell people what you are NOT, you are going out of your way to cover up the very thing that you are. And you are going out of your way to cover it up because it scares the 'ba-gee-bee's' outta ya!

My point is, we all have issues, we all have 'hold-backs', no one is perfect. We are actually designed imperfectly by the Big Guy in the sky. But that doesn't mean you can't overcome obstacles, setbacks, distractions,  or anything that will hold you back in life.

Everyone has the opportunity to succeed! No one holds you back, except you!

Another cliche' phrase we all know is, "You can do anything you want to, if you put your mind to it". That applies to the opposite as well. You can hold yourself back, if you put your mind to it!

Focus on who you are and what you are going to accomplish. Let that drive you forward!

When or if you start to 2nd guess yourself, remember why you started your goal, your CrossFit, your Paleo plan, look at it and re-read the goals you wrote down to remind yourself why (now we are assuming you write your goals down), reach out and ask your coach/trainer, friends/family, or anyone that supports you for help...sometimes that's all you need.

And if all else fails, email me and I will 'call you out'


How many holy words have you read, however many you speak, what good will they do if you do not act upon them? -- Buddha

3 comments:

  1. Okay.... so I totally needed to read this blog today! Sometimes my own insecurities shine through and I get so focused on what others around me are doing, that it makes me lose focus on the task at hand. Ex: when others around me are faster, lifting more weight, performing the WOD'S quicker... etc. When I focus on that stuff, it derails my progress. Thanks Chris for reminding me that I need to worry about me, my reps, the weight that I can lift, and push myself as fast and hard as I can. I am learning to focus soley on my own progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a mind reader!!! I told have been riding the insecurity bus lately. I need to re-focus, kick myself in the a$$, and get bak to it!
    I have a few issues......some people claim that I am a little competitive. I think that there maybe a some truth to this:) But honestly I need to compete to make myself better. When there is no one in class to raise the bar for me, I find that I do not perform well. I guess I need to learn to set the bar high for those around me instead of waiting for someone to do it for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a perfect example of something holding me back. WALL BALLS!!!! I almost always walk up to that wall already defeated before I even start throwing the ball.

    But not anymore. From now on, I'm just going to go up to them and say "Get the F' out of my way you damn EASY wall balls. I OWN you!"

    :)

    ReplyDelete